Ways To Sleep Better
If you have been having trouble staying asleep or falling asleep, you might have felt the need to use sleep medication. While sleep medication is a solution to the problem, it should not be the first thing to turn to when you have sleep difficulties. Sleep medication easily leads to side effects, such as dry mouth, headaches, appetite changes, drowsiness, and abdominal discomfort. Of course, you should not ignore sleep medication, but there are other things that you can try before you turn your attention to that. Here are a few ideas on how to sleep better. Read the article, and you will find out that you will sleep better if you try some of the following:
1. Exercise. You don't have to train for the marathon. A simple walk is enough to stimulate the body to produce more melatonin, the sleep hormone.
2. Reserve the bed for sleep. If you work from home, don't reply to emails, and don't answer phone calls in bed. It will trick the brain into thinking that the bed is the place where you need to stay awake and work, not the place where you get to rest.
3. Start a sleep ritual. Your body has its time clock, called the circadian rhythm. The circadian rhythm tells your body and mind when the time to stay awake is and when the time to sleep is. If you go to bed at the same hour every night and wake up at the same hour every morning, this helps balance the circadian rhythm. It is a ritual that you should stick to even on weekends and holidays.
4. Eat but do it in a balanced one. If your stomach is grumbling because you are hungry, it can be distracting. You should have some food in the evening but keep it light. If your belly is overly full, this can be distracting as well.
5. Avoid caffeine. If you are the type of person who functions with the help of a lot of coffee, you should at least switch to decaf if it is past 2 pm.
6. De-stress. Daytime worries can add up and work as the stimulus in the evening. Try to relax before bedtime and do something that helps you forget about daytime worries. You can try to meditate, read a book, or take a relaxing bath.
7. Keep it comfortable. Ambiance can affect sleep quality more than you can imagine. The bedroom should not be very noisy in the evening, you should reduce light and make sure that you use a comfortable bed, mattress, and pillow. If you use an old mattress, then this is probably the reason why you have sleep issues. It is important to use a mattress that supports the entire body, one that helps your body relax from the moment that you get in the bed.
If you use an old mattress and want to replace it with a new one, here are a few things that you should know to buy a quality one. There are a few factors that you need to consider before you spend your money on a mattress, such as the budget, how soft or firm you want it to be, its size, and the upper layer. Regardless of what your preferences are, we recommend you to have a look at the online offer, as you'll find top-quality mattresses for fair price rates. If you feel confused and overwhelmed by the wide selection available, here's a good list of good quality mattresses that you will easily find online. Check it out and make your choice.